This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago...
Sous Chef - Vancouver - Canada
at JUDITH WILSON in Cambodia (Published at Nov 9 2010)
Maintain on going training and development of employees, conduct employee performance reviews and follow up in a timely manner
• Manage employee performance, through training, coaching, or corrective action as required
• Ensure appropriate staff scheduling and monitor staffing levels in conjunction with determined budgets
• Support a safe working environment by ensuring all staff are working in compliance with the health and safety regulations and promoting our health and safety program (Serve Safe, hazard ID, etc.)
• Support and promote environmental practices and programs
• Liaise with food stores to ensure the proper rotation of foods and red flag any items that need to be inserted into production to avoid any losses
• Seek opportunities to increase food revenue, decrease kitchen expenses and maximize departmental productivity without compromising guest satisfaction
• Will be responsible for kitchen operation in absence of Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef
• Maintain departmental standards in accordance with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts core standards
• Ensure effective co-operation between outlets and the kitchen
• Lead and inspire colleagues to reach their full potential.
• Create memorable dining experiences for all guests.
• Assist with goal development and follow up, departmental initiatives, budget reviews, etc.
• Carry out other related duties that may be assigned.
The successful candidate will be a highly energetic individual who is excited about the challenges that a large and versatile resort offers on a day to day basis
• Minimum of 3-4 years well rounded experience in EACH area of the culinary field
• Valid trade qualifications required
• A passion for food, desire to further develop culinary and leadership skills.
• Must be an effective supervisor, trainer, and administrator
• Must be innovative, detail-oriented and quality conscious
• Knowledge of new trends in presentation and preparation
• Experience in dealing with several food and beverage operations and catering venues at one time
• Minimum of 3-4 years tenure at Sous Chef level an asset
• Previous culinary competitive experience an asset
• Completion of Train the Trainer, Interaction Management, and Leadership required
• Current First Aid and Serve Safe training an asset
• Proven ability to deal effectively with staff related issues
We will provide the following services
Coordinate with the employer to obtain an Arranged Employment Opinion
(AEO) from HRDC
Arrival/relocation assistance in British Columbia.
The processing time to obtain a permanent resident visa for Canada is currently taking 12 months on average for this type of visa.
Only seriously interested persons who are willing to spend only need apply Must be in a position to speak English fluently. Knowledge of French would be an added advantage.
Location: Alberta Canada
Exp: 2 + years
Age Not more than 35 years
It is unlawful to live and work in Canada without a Valid work permit.
Pl note that this position is on work permit and it is the candidate who will have to bear his work permit expenses and only such candidates who are in a position to spend need respond.
Our Contact details:
Pegasus Staffing Solutions
93 Arcot Road
Phones: 91 44 42046607/08
Recent jobs at JUDITH WILSON
ANALYST PROGRAMMER - LONDON - UK
Manufacturing Engineer - Essex – UK
MYSQL DBA/LINUX SYSTEM ADMIN - SAAS – LONDON – UK
PIPING ENGINEER - MANCHESTER - UK
NURSES - GENERAL - CALGARY - CANADA